Safely Installing Desktop Dungeons Extreme Edition
- Back up your saves folder.
- Go to Steam and switch your Desktop Dungeons version off the legacy version (if it is not on legacy, don't worry about it).
- Create a spare copy of your game folder to install the mod on.
- Install launcher to the game folder you plan to use for the mod.
- Make sure you actually own a copy of Desktop Dungeons, and are connected to the internet.
- Keep in mind that reverting a Kingdom that has played the mod may cause issues.
- If you have progress on the Extreme Edition from a previous release, duplicate your Saves folder from that copy and replace the Saves folder in your new copy.
If you are (understandably) worried about using a random executable from the Internet or having trouble getting it work, you can alternatively download the archive file from the Trello card, and extract that to your duplicated game folder. You don't need to use Mod Launcher in this case.